23 Feb Jon McLaughlin putting his own future to one side to focus on Hearts
Jon McLaughlin is in no rush to make a decision on his Hearts future despite being offered a new deal.
The goalkeeper has been a standout performer for the Jambos since joining in the summer but is out of contract at the end of the season.
There has been plenty of interest in McLaughlin from the Sky Bet Championship, but Hearts remain keen to hold onto a keeper who has played his part behind a mean defence in recent weeks.
Talks are ongoing between the two parties, but the former Burton man is happy to take his time before deciding on his future.
“No decisions have been made,” he said ahead of their trip to Ibrox.
“People have asked the question and we have had the discussions with the manager and from both ends it’s been made clear that they want me to stay and I’m really enjoying my time here, and that there is so much for us here to make us want to stay.
“At the moment nothing has been agreed so, from that respect, it’s just got to be put to one side for the moment because if we’re not going to get any further along with it at this moment in time, the only thing we can do is concentrate on the football.
“If things go well then hopefully those things sort themselves out in due course, but it’s not something we’ve got any further down the line with.”
On his brief spell in Scottish football, he added: “It’s been fantastic and has exceeded expectations, but that’s not to say when we came here we weren’t expecting it to be a good move.
“We came here because it was a good opportunity and a chance to come up to Scotland and join a big club and one that has good prospects.
“Despite all that, it has still exceeded expectations.
“On the pitch there is still a lot of improvement to do, and push for the top four, but from a personal level it’s been a fantastic year.”
Manager Craig Levein remains keen to retain McLaughlin’s services in Edinburgh, but accepts that could be unlikely due to the amount of money offered by the clubs in England.
He said: “Our offer isn’t on the same level as the offers he has had from down south.
“He’s not ruled out staying and I haven’t ruled that either, so we will see what happens.”