Striker Callum Wilson has signed a new four-year contract with Bournemouth.
Wilson, 26, has battled through two serious knee injuries since joining the Cherries from Coventry in July 2014 and helping them get promoted to the top flight.
Last season he made 23 Premier League starts and scored eight goals as Bournemouth finished 12th.
“I’m delighted to sign,” Wilson said on the club’s official website after agreeing fresh terms to stay at the Vitality Stadium until the summer of 2022.
“It’s nice to see the hard work I’ve put in rewarded and I’m excited about the future.
“During my time at the club I feel like I’ve developed as a player, both physically and mentally. I’ve progressed and learnt a lot about the game and the position I play.”
Wilson also tweeted: “Delighted to have signed a new contract with @afcbournemouth.”
There was more good news for Cherries supporters when it was announced later on Friday that midfielder Andrew Surman has also extended his stay on the south coast.
The 31-year-old is currently enjoying his third spell at Bournemouth and has committed to the club until 2020.
“I’m really pleased to sign,” Surman said in a statement released by the club which confirmed his new deal.
“I love playing for this club and I have loved my time here so far.
“It has been a great time to have been part of the club, so to extend my time further is a great achievement.
“From a personal point of view, I want to help the club finish higher than we did last season.”
Bournemouth begin the new Premier League campaign at home to newly-promoted Cardiff on August 11.