Striker Callum Wilson has signed a new four-year contract with Bournemouth.
Wilson, 26, has battled through two serious knee injuries since joining the Cherries from Coventry in July 2014 and helping them get promoted to the top flight.
Last season he made 23 Premier League starts and scored eight goals as Bournemouth finished 12th.
“I’m delighted to sign,” Wilson said on the club’s official website after agreeing fresh terms to stay at the Vitality Stadium until the summer of 2022.
“It’s nice to see the hard work I’ve put in rewarded and I’m excited about the future.
“During my time at the club I feel like I’ve developed as a player, both physically and mentally. I’ve progressed and learnt a lot about the game and the position I play.”
Bournemouth chief executive Neill Blake believes there is more to come from Wilson, who has scored 43 goals in his 115 appearances so far.
“Callum is natural goalscorer and has proved over the last three seasons that he can do it at the highest level, so this new contract is fully deserved,” Blake said.
“To overcome the injuries he has suffered and still be performing in the Premier League week in, week out speaks volumes about his mental strength, desire and dedication.
“Callum is an infectious character, a winner and a big part of the dressing room. Therefore, I’m delighted he is committed to the club and helping us achieve our targets.”
Bournemouth begin the new Premier League campaign at home to Cardiff on August 11.
Wilson tweeted: “Delighted to have signed a new contract with @afcbournemouth.”