Latest News

Dundee 1-1 Hamilton Accies

By August 19, 2016No Comments

Dundee and Hamilton shared a point apiece in their Ladbrokes Premiership clash at rain-soaked Dens Park but it was the visitors who will feel the most frustrated.

Defender Darren Lyon scored his first Accies goal in the 13th minute when he drilled in a fantastic 25-yard drive.

However, Dark Blues midfielder Mark O’Hara, who scored in the defeat against Rangers last week, levelled four minutes later when he was left unmarked at a corner.

Hamilton picked up the pace after the break and pushed hard for the winner on a night of relentless drizzle, but were left still looking for their first league victory of the season.

The first real goalmouth incident came in the sixth minute when Faissal El Bakhtaoui found James Vincent racing into the Hamilton box.

The midfielder’s low cross found striker Rory Loy but his toe-poke from close range was blocked by Accies keeper Remi Matthews.

The Taysiders looked the more likely to get the breakthrough but out of the blue they found themselves behind, when the ball broke to the feet of Lyon 25 yards from goal and the Hamilton right-back unleashed a glorious drive which flew into the top corner past the helpless Dundee keeper Scott Bain.

However, the Lanarkshire side could only hold on to their lead for four minutes and paid for poor marking at a Danny Williams corner when former Kilmarnock player O’Hara had all the space and time he required to guide the ball past Matthews.

Dundee remained on top and from a Williams free-kick from wide on the left captain Darren O’Dea looped a header over the bar with the Hamilton defence again unconvincing.

Four minutes after the break Darian MacKinnon, back in for Greg Docherty, should have restored Accies’ lead.

Alex D’Acol’s clever pass put the midfielder through against Bain but he put the ball wide, and a drive moments later as the visitors kept up the pressure was blocked by Dundee defender Kevin Holt.

Matthews saved Loy’s effort from 12 yards at the other end as the home side responded but it was the visitors who looked the more threatening of the two sides as the game entered the latter stages.

A penalty claim in the 76th minute when substitute Eamonn Brophy, on for D’Acol minutes earlier, tangled with O’Dea inside the box but referee Kevin Clancy was not impressed.

Hamilton drove forward in the closing stages.

Brophy headed an Ali Crawford corner past the far post before Dundee midfielder Nick Ross cleared a Michael Devlin header off the line before Martin Canning’s side ran out of time.

Leave a Reply