fbpx Skip to main content

Three second half goals see Dundee return to winning ways against bottom side Livingston.

A crazy second half which was scattered with mistakes leaves the hosts 6 points adrift at the bottom of the premiership table.

The visitors got the opening goal in the 18th minute despite Livingston dominating the majority of the early play

It was McGowan who started the move with a dangerous ball into the box. James Penrice looked to have cleared the danger but a misplaced touch gifted the ball to Bakayoko who rifled it home.

Livingston continued to control the majority of the ball in the first half and were rewarded with a penalty on the 40th minute mark.

Luke Mccowen with a barge in the back on Jason Holt was initially given as a free kick by referee Alan Muir. However after a length VAR check this decision was overturned and up stepped Andrew Shinnie.

A poor penalty that is struck in a reachable height and was well saved by Harry Sharp to keep the visitors ahead into the break.

Boos rang out at half time from the home fans, who were  demanding an improvement in the second half. They almost got an immediate reaction from their side just minutes after the break when Penrice flashed a ball across the face of goal but Daniel McKay just couldn’t get a touch at the back post.

Dundee doubled their lead however in the 61st minute  after another defensive error. This time it was Micheal Nottingham who gifted the ball to Michael Mellon who sloted the ball through the McCowan who slid the ball post McGovern in the Livingston net.

McCowan’s celebrations were short lived as he was sent for an early bath in the 75th minute after a second yellow for stopping a Livingston counter attack.

The hosts took full advantage of their extra man advantage moments later when substitute Joel Nouble was brought down in the box by Owen Dodgson. Up stepped new signing Tete Yengi who made no mistake and slotted the ball into the bottom right corner.

Just as the hosts looked to push on for an equaliser they were stopped in their tracks when a long ball straight from the kick off wasn’t dealt with and Zach Robinson ran in behind and smashed the ball home.

This game was fully finished off in the 90th minute when Dundee got their 4th through Micheal Mellon. The debutant was rewarded with his goal after a lengthy VAR review.

This result means its now 14 league games without a win for David Martindale’s side who remain at the foot of the premiership table

For Dundee they return to winning ways for the first time in 5 games ahead of their trip to Aberdeen midweek.