fbpx Skip to main content

Ethan Ross struck a penalty deep into stoppage time as cinch League One leaders Falkirk maintained their unbeaten record with a 2-2 draw at bottom club Edinburgh City.

Kick-off had been delayed by 30 minutes because of issues with safety barriers at Meadowbank Stadium.

Falkirk were stunned as Callum Flatman headed Edinburgh in front in the 28th minute and Alieau Faye soon doubled the lead.

Substitute Calvin Miller pulled a goal back for the Bairns early in the second half.

Just when it seemed like John McGlynn’s side were set for a first league defeat of the season, Coll Donaldson was brought down and Ross kept his cool from the spot to deny Edinburgh a memorable win.

Hamilton are now nine points behind after they beat third-placed Cove Rangers 2-0 at New Douglas Park, where both sides had a player sent off.

Kevin O’Hara gave the hosts an early lead before midfielder Ben Williamson was shown a straight red card for a foul on Kyle Connell.

Jamie Barjonas added a second with 20 minutes left, with Cove defender Michael Doyle then dismissed for a second caution.

Callum Crane scored and was then sent off for violent conduct as Stirling won 1-0 at fourth-placed Montrose.

Tommy Goss’ second-half goal earned relegation-battlers Annan a 1-1 draw at Kelty Hearts, who had gone in front through a penalty from Alfie Bavidge.

It also finished 1-1 between Queen of the South and Alloa at Palmerston Park.

In cinch League Two, Stenhousemuir moved 14 points clear at the top with a 2-0 win at Spartans, where Matt Yates and Matthew Aitken scored in each half.

Peterhead lost ground after a 2-0 defeat at Stranraer.

Chris Johnston and Tam Orr scored either side of the break, with Peterhead midfielder Andrew McCarthy sent off late on.

Dumbarton closed up to within a point of third-placed Spartans with a 1-1 draw at Bonnyrigg Rose.

Russell McLean scored a stoppage-time penalty as Forfar came from behind to beat fellow relegation-battlers Elgin 2-1 at Station Park after Bryan Cameron had been sent off for conceding the late spot-kick.

Bottom side Clyde came from behind to draw 1-1 at East Fife, while it also finished 1-1 between Bonnyrigg Rose and Dumbarton at New Dundas Park.